We made a flash of a stop in DC to drop off some stuff at Sara's and continued on our way. I was happy to get in and out of DC with no traffic hassles, but once I got nearer to Baltimore, we hit the first small delay on the road. The bigger ones, of course, greeted us with a devilish smirk when we got into Pennsylvania. Right outside Harrisburg, we lost about 1/2 hour due in part to a tractor trailer fire that shut down an exit and one lane. The other one was in the same unpleasant spot as when we drove up for Mom's party, in the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area. I swear, 81 in Pennsylvania has had construction cones and zones since I was a child, and after 30 something years and counting, what else could they possibly need to do to that road after all these years? Ugh! We lost another 30-40 minutes there. If it weren't for the fact that I love Pittsburgh so much, I could easily stay out of PA altogether! hahaha...or at the very least, boycott the interstates there that had an 8 in them.
We crossed 4 state lines to get to Syracuse, which always makes me happy. Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania and New York. There is some beautiful scenery along the way, and it reminds me how much I love living where there are hills, mountains and trees.
All in all, it took us 12 hours where I could have taken 11, but the drive was good overall. One of the cool things we saw on the way up was a truck towing a prop plane on a trailer bed. The wings were detached and stowed flat on the trailer under the plane. It was really cool and the kids took a few photos of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment