Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Some post-trip musings

As I slowly catch up on sleep, some of the misplaced details from our trip are coming back to me. For example, if you fill up your tank in Minnesota, they try to tempt you with gas, bait, leeches, tackle and worms. If you fill up in Wisconsin, it's all about the cheese, and if you need a place to stay over, you can choose accomodations such as Camp Whosyurdaddy, or you can drive through the towns of Dairyland, Cozy Corner and Swiss. With temptations like these, who needs to travel out of the country? Especially when you get to use a composting toilet like we did at Mr. Sykes' house. (Somehow I couldn't bring myself to take a photo of it, though.) I will say that even though you don't flush the thing, there was no stink like you get from an outhouse. Everything he's added on to his house, he's used recycled materials. Very cool stuff.

In Indianapolis, we drove past the new football stadium and it is gargantuan in size. It makes the RCA dome look puny and I would venture a guess that if you went to a Colts game there and got the nosebleed seats, you'd come down with a raging case of vertigo in addition to that nosebleed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Everything he's added on to his house, he's used recycled materials." Theresa, dont ask him what he reuses the compost for...just dont let you kids play with the 'homemade silly putty'