Monday, September 7, 2009

saying bye to the old, hello to the new....

Car, that is. My van which had faithfully transported me and the kids around for over 13 years, finally needed repairs more expensive than its book value, so we had to go car shopping. I'd decided that since it is not often anymore that all 5 of us are in my car at once, that I didn't need another van, and I wanted something smaller, more fun..something that when you saw it, you thought Theresa, not Theresa the mom. So what else could I get but a Beetle!! I have plans to paint it a happy grape shade of purple, but for now it is white. I generally don't care for white cars, but it is cute on the Beetle. But I really want it purple, so that is the eventual plan. I have to say, I love, LOVE my new car! I love driving a stick again, too! the Steelersmobile has a new look now!
goodbye van...

hellooo, bug!

Dale & Dinah approve of my new back seat! =)

my Steeler car bling..inside

and out! When a front bracket gets attached, then I can add the Terrible Towel!

The next day, I added some friends to the back shelf...it started out as just Statler and Waldorf (for my own peanut gallery) and morphed into a gang on both sides!


My last bit of goofy fun was a car picture, which Maria has already made fun of me over...yes cheesy, but this year I am all about doing things that are different than the same ol, same ol, so why not? =)

No comments: