Monday, June 23, 2008

Another rite of passage to make me feel old

I spent a good portion of yesterday afternoon one of my least favorite settings, the mall, looking for something appropriate for Matthew to wear this weekend to Diana's wedding. Matthew came with me and I have now just made my first purchase of pants for that boy in the men's department. Yup, you read that correctly. My boy is out of the boys dept, which means I buy pants for him by waist size, not pants size. I'm happy to say I was able to feed my bargain mindset, finding pants, dress shirt and some ties on clearance. The only thing I have left to do for him is find an inexpensive pair of shoes. I say inexpensive because I know he won't wear them after the wedding. He lives in sneakers and flip flips or sandals. That was frustrating because I could not find any that worked for my price range. They were either clunky looking, which a kid who wears a mens 11 sneaker doesn't need, or the wrong color, or just plain uncomfortable looking.

No comments: